Experienced Project Manager
I am a highly skilled project manager, with 30+ years of experience in all facets of the construction industry, with the ability to get things done on multiple projects.
I have all the experience, drive and common sense a company demands to efficiently and profitably run today's projects with tight schedules and budgets.
My background includes projects in Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Municipal, Research and Development, Banking, Medical, Dental, Restaurant, Heavy Industrial, Warehouse, Data, Educational, Automotive, Intermodal, Site Development, Retail, High End Retail, Waste Water, Water and Roadways.
- Expert Understanding of all Building Disciplines - My field experience has allowed me to identify issues and missing details before they are problems. Such as the need for slotted expansion connection details at dissimilar materials, pour stops, ADA requirements and placing integral openings in beams for mechanical systems to increase ceiling heights.
- Negotiation Skills – When multiple low bidders backed out of a Wal-Mart project, I was successfully able to find and negotiate with subcontractors to bring the project back in line with the estimating departments original numbers.
- Budget Conscious - Saved over $75,000 in shipping costs on owner procured HVAC equipment on Abbot Labs AP-32 Reagent manufacturing facility by bidding transportation out in lieu of using in-house transportation.
- Detail Oriented - Caught critical shop drawing elevation errors missed by Structural Engineer's review before steel was erected on the Bolingbrook High School project. Repairs were able to be made on the ground - keeping project on schedule. Caught errors/missing equipment on mechanical schedules - where late or delayed delivery would have impacted the schedule.
- Facility Engineering - Work with client's decision makers to improve work processes and interdepartmental relationships with adjustments to design. Placed a file room with state of the art, space saving system adjacent to administrative area in lieu of in the lower level at a law firm. The increase in productivity far outweighed costs to increase floor loading construction costs for that room.
- Estimating with Value Engineering in mind - Use site balancing and slight changes in elevations to lower excavation costs where possible. Seek adjacent projects where fill can be obtained or disposed of for mutual benefit and lowering overall costs. Seek approval for equal alternate, but cheaper, materials in design - such as HDPE piping in lieu of RCP.
- Mentoring of team members -Mentor team members to improve project performance and management. Such as using features of scheduling software, time management and checklists for quality.
Contact me at